A small collection of educational materials to help you learn about sea turtles, their habitat, how to help them and more. Some are even fun! All documents are in PDF format and require the free Adobe® Reader.
- Questions and Answers: Produced by FWC.
- Sea Turtle Summary: Produced by NSTSTF.
- How You Can Help Sea Turtles: Produced by USFWS.
- Sea Stats: Produced by FWC.
- Share The Beach - Nesting Turtles
- Share The Beach - Turtles and Beach Furniture
- Turtle ID: Learn how to identify the 3 species of turtles that nest on our beaches.
- Crawl ID: Learn how to identify turtle tracks.
- Statute 372.995: FL Statute for balloon releases.
- Florida's Sea Turtles: A thorough brochure produced by FL Power and Light.
- Long Lines: An essay produced by The Ocean Conservancy regarding commercial fishing gear.
- Techno-Fixing Sea Turtles: A somewhat political treatise regarding government policies contributing to leatherback extinction.
ARTIFICIAL LIGHT ISSUES
See right side panel for local lighting ordinances.
- Citizen's Guide To Lighting Issues
- Artifical Lighting and Hatchlings: Good resource for beachfront property owners.
- Light Pollution: Resource for property owners.
- Understanding, Assessing and Resolving Light Pollution Problems: Lengthy technical report.
- Model Lighting Ordinance: Geared for local governments.
- Coastal Roadway Lighting Manual: How to manage street lighting.
JUST FOR KIDS
Kids - ask your parents for permission|
before you download anything!
P.O. Box 50723
Jacksonville Beach, FL 32240-0723
Emergency Phone: (904) 613-6081